Wednesday, July 15, 2009

before their were 3.

I had already written hours of material for my blog, but it has disappeared in the midst of my hard drive. So I am going to start over. If you find the original, it will probably be more interesting, but I am going to do the best I can about recollecting information that has sat dormant in my brain for 7 years. With my current conditions and possibly haveing brain surgery in the next few months, I never know what info is going to be lost forever. So here goes....

It was June of 2002 when my Best friend Bethany had invited me to church. My marriage was in shambles, my health was failing and I was depressed beyond what anyone could ever imagine. I had sucessfully cleaned myself of Meth and Pot, and was no longer binge drinking. But that wasn't enough, my heart was not satisfied, so that is why I agreed to go to church, I figure it couldn't hurt.

I had planned on going without my husband, who was totally against the whole church thing, but at the last minute, he jumped in the car with me, there was no way he was going to miss anything. That morning, Debbie Rivera introduced herself as the pastors wife. She gave me a big hug and asked me a simple question, "why did I decide to come today?" I had told her about my health issues, I had told her about my crumbling marriage, and I told her that I had had 3 miscariages, and I just longed to have a child of my own. So right then and there, she laid her hands on me, and prayed. I just went along with it and prayed with her, and to Jesus.

In July, Bethany had our last night of fun, no more bad habits, and that was it... cold turkey. In August, my mom had decided to follow her husbands dreams, and move up to the mountains by Yosemite. We took the week off and helped her pack up and move. It was 106 degrees outside and the living area of her house was all upstairs. As I carried up 80 pounds of wood pellets, I got to the top of the stairs and passed out. My step dad being an EMT, helped get me into a bed and put cold wet towels all over me. I was suffering from heat stroke, and the nearest hospital was almost an hour away. When I came to, my mom was sitting on my bed with a cool wash cloth on my forehead. She asked me if I was pregnant, and I said, "no, I restart the fertility treatments on Monday". But I was sick for the next couple days, couldn't keep anything down and had a hard time keeping cool, so Dale and I left early to return to our Nipomo house. The following Monday, I was supposed to see my doc to start the treatments, but I had to pee on a stick first. By golly....I was Preggo! I sought Dale out an asked him if he was ready to be a daddy,a nd he nonchalantly said yes, and then after a few seconds, screamed it yes, and picked me up and squeezed me. Even though I was only 5 weeks pregnant, and my other 3 miscarriages had been between 9-12 weeks, this one was different. We felt so much peace about this little child that God had given us to raise and nurture.......

No comments:

Post a Comment